At TapIt Water, our mission is to make it easy for you to enjoy clean and sustainable drinking water no matter where you are. That’s why we review equipment that will help you achieve this.
We focus on creating first-hand, well-researched, objective resources that make it easier for you to choose the right equipment for your needs. We do this because we recognize that the more informed you are about products and services, the better equipped you are to making educated purchasing decisions.
We put hundreds of hours into researching, comparing, testing, talking with experts, going over customer reviews, and more. Hopefully, this will save you a lot of time, frustration, and money when it comes to making purchasing decisions.
We want to be transparent about how we do things, which is why we’ve outlined our thorough review process for you to see:
Our review process:
- Identify products and services that our readers want us to inspect
- In-depth category research
- Go through customer feedback and reviews from other trustworthy review sites and retailers (Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.)
- Test and compare products on relevant metrics while having them in our own hands*
- Consultation with experts within this category**
* We don’t always have products in our own hands. However, this is something we strive to do more and more.
** We consult with experts when we deem it relevant for the article
Tapitwater.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Should You Trust Online Review Sites?
Many of our readers ask us whether online review sites are credible. And obviously, there’s not one single answer to this. It depends on the site.
That’s why you need to research the authority and trustworthiness of a site before you trust it. You should never base your purchasing or other important decisions on a website before researching whether you can trust that information.
Here are some things you should look for when determining if a website is trustworthy, objective, and provides accurate information:
- About us page – Who’s behind this website, and do they have authority within the topic? Should their advice be trusted?
- Contact us page – Can you contact them if you have any questions?
- Affiliate disclosure policy – Do they have partnerships and sponsorships with manufacturers and service providers? Are they biased?
- Review criteria – What does their review process look like? Which factors are the products and services compared on?
- Author trust – Is it a real person? Does the person have an author bio at the bottom of the post? Is the person active on social media? LinkedIn? Facebook?
Feel free to contact us if you have questions or feedback about this. We’re happy to help.